Wednesday, September 30, 2009

La Roux 'expected' lesbian following



La Roux's Elly Jackson has admitted that she is not surprised that she attracts a lesbian following.

However, the singer, who is reportedly planning to insure her trademark quiff, insisted that she is still shocked when female fans throw their bras at her during live shows.

"It's the fact that they think I want their bras - that's what's weird about it. One girl in Toronto stood there for ages with her boobs out. Everyone just thinks I'm a raging lesbian and I want to see everyone's boobs. Sorry, I'm not," she told Heat.

The 21-year-old claimed that she expected that she would appeal to a gay market even before the duo rose to fame with breakthrough single 'In For The Kill'.

"I knew that was going to happen. I'm not bothered by it. It was obvious that was what a lot of my fan base would be," she said.

"I don't care who comes to the gigs or who likes the music, as long as it's for the music and not because they fancy you. That's a sh*t reason to come to a gig."

La Roux released new single 'I'm Not Your Toy' on Monday.

No comments: