Sunday, September 27, 2009

Jackson had 'planned to scrap Thriller'


Oh Lordie lord,

Michael Jackson had planned to scrap his hit album Thriller because the mixes weren't right, taped conversations have revealed.

Yikes!

According to the News of the World, the late popstar cried when he heard the first version of the record.

"Thriller sounded so crap," Jackson said. "The mixes sucked. When we listened to the whole album there were tears... I just cried like a baby.

"I stormed out of the room and said, 'We're not releasing this. Call [record company] CBS and tell them they are not getting this album. We are not releasing this'."

He continued: "I felt terrible. One of the maintenance crew in the studio had a bicycle and so I took it and rode up to the schoolyard. I just watched the children play.

"And when I came back I was ready to rule the world. I went into the studio and I turned them songs out."

Jackson reportedly remixed one song a week and the album was eventually released in November 1982. It went on to sell 70 million copies worldwide.

Can you imagine our lives without that tune?

(Digital spy.com for quotes)

No comments: