Friday, October 8, 2010

Nancy Langat wins Gold for KENYA!!!


Kenyan Olympic champion Nancy Langat has added another title to her medal collection winning the GOLD in the 1,500m race and setting a new record time of 4:05.26.

With English defending champion Lisa Dobriskey opting out of Delhi with an injury, Langat was always going to be a favourite and she didn't disappoint, shaving the previous record set by fellow Kenyan Jackline Maranga in 1998.

Ahead of the Games, Langat was quoted as saying her season ended with the recent Continental Cup race in Croatia and that she would be in Delhi for a holiday.

It didn't show as she timed her race to perfection.

Her teammate Irene Jelagat led the field through the opening two laps before Langat, one of the few Olympic champions in Delhi, made her move at the bell.

"It's a great achievement. I was so excited when I crossed the line. I thank God that I won gold and I am so proud of myself and I love my country," she said, insisting she had prepared properly for the championships.

"I was fully prepared for these championships. I was not expecting to set a championships record but I thank God that I did," she said, adding that had yet to decide if she would also run the 800m.

"So far I am not fully decided because of my knee injury," she said.

Good for her-KENYA JUU!!

1 comment:

Earn Money Online said...

Don't you just love Kenya. I am very proud of our athletes. they never disappoint us. Kudos Langat!